It is understandable if you want to buy a smoker for your barbecue so you can enjoy these treats anytime. However, it can be a bit overwhelming when you go online and make all these choices.
What kind of smoker should you get? Should it be gas powered or electric? How big should it be? Which model should you get?
You can make it easier for yourself by starting your search with the best smoker brands.
They are often reluctant to produce low-cost, low-quality smokers who can affect the reputation of their brands. They are not for the short-term gain, but for the long haul.
To make it easy for you to get a smoker who is really good, start with the top smoker brands. These are the brands that best suit your needs and preferences.
Masterbuilt 20071117 30 “Electric Smoker
Camp Chef PG24DLX Deluxe Pellet Smoker
Z Grilles wood pellet grill smoker
Char-Broil Deluxe Electric Smoker
Smoke Hollow 38205GW 38 “propane gas smoker
Bradley Smoker BTDS76P 4-rack digital smoker
Landmann USA Smoky Mountain Electric smoker
Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D Charcoal Offset Smoker
Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain 4-inch Kohleraucher
Cuisinart COS-118 Vertical 18 “Charcoal Smoker
What is the top smoking brand?
This question is of course a pretty controversial topic in the BBQ community. After all, there are many good brands that have prevailed in the industry, and every brand has its own followers. But they have many things in common.
Masterbuilt is a great example of a highly regarded smoking brand. It has been in operation since 1973, and the fact that they’ve been able to survive that long is evidence of their commitment to producing BBQ smokers who actually want to buy people.
Their history includes several innovations, such as the world’s first electric turkey fryer for Hitch-Haul cargo.
They have certainly made a name for themselves in the field of outdoor cooking appliances, and their products are consistently popular and highly rated. They maintain extensive and stable relationships with a variety of online and national retailers to help them sell their world-class goods.
Their customer service and support is world class and their website offers many helpful tidbits that you will surely appreciate.
They offer recipes and tips on how to best use their products, and they also offer great videos that show you how to prepare the best smoked meat ever.
There are other brands like Masterbuilt who have developed their own excellent smoking lines and outdoor kitchen appliances. We’ve worked out some of them and offer reviews for smokers that best exemplify the excellence of their brands.
Our selection of the 10 best smoker brands:
1. Masterbuilt 20071117 30 “Digital Electric Smoker
This electric smoker exemplifies how Masterbuilt has made a name for himself over the decades. It’s so easy to use that newcomers will not have a problem with it, and it delivers results that professionals will be proud of.
All you have to do is connect the plug and set the digital timer. The timer is even at the top of the device. So you do not have to bend over to see them.
This offers plenty of space with its 4 chrome frames. You do not even have to leave out smoke to add more wood chips, as it has a chip charging system on the side. The integrated thermostat temperature control ensures uniform and even smoking.
- Electric, so neither charcoal nor propane
- Digital controllers and temperature readings
- Wood chip loading system on the side
- Fully isolated smoker body
- Big enough to fit in 6 whole chickens, 2 whole turkeys, 8 ribs or 64 sausages
2. Char-Broil Deluxe Electric Smoker
This is another nice one, and that’s obvious when you see that smoker’s transparent door. You can see the interior without opening the door and venting heat and smoke. But that is not the only attribute.
It’s an electric smoker, so there’s no propane or charcoal to deal with. It is quite spacious and offers 4 racks with a total of 725 square meters of cooking area.
The double-walled construction ensures that the smoke stays inside. In addition, it has a removable meat probe, with which you can measure the temperature of the meat. The smoker is also so efficient that filling the wood chip bowl smokes continuously for 7 hours before refilling the bowl.
- Digital programmable controllers
- Fat cup with 5 cups for easy removal of grease
- The food can be kept warm inside
- It is very portable due to the wheels and integrated handle
- 1 W x 16.5 D x 32.5 H-inch
- That looks great
3. Smoke Hollow 38205GW 38-inch propane gas smoker
Now you do not have to bend or kneel, as it has 4 long, angled legs that bring it to a more comfortable height. In fact, the functions of this smoker emphasize the ease of use. The door has a large viewing window and is also easy to clean.
Inside, there are 4 chromed hobs, whose cooking heights are adjustable. It comes with a large chipboard and you can charge it externally so you do not have to open the door and let the smoke out.
Starting is very easy as it has a push button detonator. The LP gas heat source can also be adjusted so you can find and maintain your ideal cooking temperature.
4. Bradley Smoker BTDS76P Bradley 4-rack digital smoker
The Bradley Smoker brand is an example of this superb electric model that can be powered by a generator. They adopted their advanced electric smoker model and then added digital features to make the smoker more consistent and easier to control.
With the digital smoke generator, you can easily adjust the oven temperature along with the oven timer and the smoke timer.
The machine then sets a bisquette every 20 minutes for optimal smoking. You can smoke this for up to eight hours, so you do not have to stand in front of it.
- A completely insulated interior, so you can smoke meat even on cold days
- The interior is also made of stainless steel, so that the heat is retained and the cleaning is easy
- Separate burners for smoke and stove heat, so you can have heat without smoke, smoke without heat or both smoke and heat
- 4 removable racks with 520 square inches
- 1 year warranty
5th Country Man USA Smoky Mountain Electric Smoker
This is another well-known brand, and in this tidy format, the brand’s focus is on simplifying things. The price is affordable, but not because he is so small.
You will receive 3 chromed hobs for 443 square meters of smoking area.
Add to that a 3-in-1 tray with a tray for the water bowl, the wood chip box and the grease tray, which explains the dimensions of 28.7 x 18.9 x 15.3 inches and the weight of 33 pounds.
- Small size and light weight make it portable
- It also has side handles made of wrought iron
- The 3-in-1 tray makes it easy to add wood and water
- Cleaning up is easy as well
- It has an independent plug-in temperature
- The temperature ranges from 100 to 260 degrees
6. Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D Charcoal Offset Smoker
If you are looking for a long-time smoker for many years, maybe Dyna-Glo is the brand for you. It has earned a reputation for longevity, and this model also has a 1-year limited warranty.
His body is made of high-performance steel with a high-temperature powder coating. The wood chip box is also made of heavy steel enamelled with porcelain.
This can provide up to 15,000 BTU, while the ignition with the electronic pulse ignition system is fast. This can smoke up to 150 pounds of food at a time, as the standard version offers up to 1176 square feet of smoking space. You get 6 height-adjustable grill grates, so that per grill 25 pounds of food.
- The heat loss that normally occurs when adding wood does not occur here because of the double door design
- The offset design also keeps the heat away from the food so you can cook it slower
- The charcoal chamber holds the briquettes close together to improve combustion efficiency
- It can handle many hours of large amounts of ash
- The adjustable fireplace provides better temperature control
- Built-in stainless steel thermometer with easy-to-read display
7. Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 14-inch coal-smoker
If you’re looking for a small portable smoker or just a smoker for the family, this 14-inch model from Weber is well-suited. It only weighs 23 pounds. It is very affordable and suitable for beginners.
But small does not mean terrible, as this smoker shows. It is equipped with robust components so that the smoker should have a long life.
- Charcoal grill made of heavy steel
- Grill grates made of coated steel
- The water pan, the middle section, the lid and the bowl are porcelain enamelled
- Tank cap and heat shield made of stainless aluminum
- Built-in lid thermometer
8. Cuisinart COS-118 Vertical 18 “Charcoal Smoker
The Cuisinart is a well-known brand for kitchen appliances. Therefore, it is not very exhausting to meet a smoker of this brand. This unit is easy to control as you have two vents to control heat and smoke.
You can work with a 3.45 square feet (512 square inches) cooking surface and two steel wire racks for your food.
- It is extremely easy to set up
- It is compact and portable
- The vertical side door provides easy access to water and fuel
- It is easy to clean and to maintain
- They have good control over heat and smoke
- There is even a 3-year warranty
9. SMOKEH BIG CHIEF TOP LOAD SMOKERS
Here is another reliable smoker that was made in the USA. It’s an electric smoker and with 450 watts of power it can smoke up to 50 pounds of food.
You have plenty of room to work and you have 5 barbecue stands to work with.
This is made of stainless steel but is light at just 20 pounds. It also measures only 18.25 x 27.06 x 12.5 inches.
- Electric model
- 5 racks
- Easy to use
10. Camp Chef Smoker 24 “Smoke Curve Extra Large with stainless steel door and adjustable shelves
The brand Cam Chef has been around for 25 years. So you know what they are doing. This is a solid model that you can rely on for a long time.
The box is 24 inches wide, 16 inches deep and 30 inches high, but with the legs it is 44 inches high.
- 2 adjustable smoker racks with a chopped smoker frame
- Infinitely adjustable temperature controller
- 3 damper valves
- door thermometer
- The power is 18,000 BTU per hour
Kaufberatung – How to choose the best smoker brands?
The selection of the latest smoking brand is similar to choosing a brand for every other type of consumer product. Here are some of the factors that you need to consider:
1. brand identity
A brand usually has an identity that has been defined by experts and consumers in the industry. Sometimes it can be a bias towards quality and durability, or maybe its identity is tied to its affordability.
As a consumer, you are likely to be attracted to the brand that shares your values. If you value quality or low prices, you are likely to be drawn to the brands with this image.
2. Online reviews
You should read a variety of reviews made by my industry experts and consumers, and these reviews will give you a clearer idea of how good the products of a particular brand are.
It seems obvious that older brands that have proven themselves over time are more trustworthy than newer brands that have just been launched in the industry. Older brands protect their reputation better and therefore probably produce better smokers.
4. Customer support and warranty
Some brands offer longer warranties for their products because they rely heavily on their reliability and durability. The best brands also have the most helpful customer service.
5. Website quality
Most well-known brands have professional websites with lots of useful content, such as downloadable manuals and demonstration videos.
It can be concluded that the brands that have better locations are probably the ones who make the effort to make better products.
Newer brands may rather have simple websites – if they have one at all. If they are less concerned with providing a helpful website, their smokers may not be as helpful either.
All of the best smoker brands we have mentioned are excellent in their own way. So choose a brand that matches your values and preferences.
However, if you want a definitive and specific recommendation, you should start with the Masterbuilt. This is the gold standard in the meat smoker industry and they are more likely to have the best smoker for their needs.