Could this article help someone you know?
Some of my favorite memories of my childhood are weekends spent in our garden, my dad was standing next to the smoker, and I was playing with my siblings, waiting for him to prepare some delicious ribs. At that time, I knew that I wanted to have the same experience when I grew up.
Well, it’s a kind of tradition – my offset smoker husband and my backyard kids who keep me company. Sounds good, right? That’s why I’m here – to help you find the best offset smoker, bringing you one step closer to making such memories yourself.
Quick comparison: Top Offset Smokers 2019
** Below are our more detailed reviews. You can also click on the links above to see the latest prices or to read customer reviews on Amazon.
What is an offset smoker?
Although there are many different types of storage options This is by far the most popular choice. I think the name says a lot – an offset smoker. The idea is that you have two separate chambers, one that you use as a fire box and the other where you place your food. The heat and the smoke then find their way from the firebox to the cooking chamber. Sounds simple enough, right? Let’s just put it this way: if you’ve learned how to build a fire, you’ve learned how to use an offset smoker.
The two chambers are barrel-like and usually arranged horizontally. The firebox is a bit lower than the oven. A fireplace connects the two, and at the other end of the cooking chamber is another, through which the smoke exits.
An offset smoker against other smokers
If you’ve been very attentive so far, you’ve learned that offset smokers are different from other smoker types. The first advantage is that you do not need to open the oven if you use an offset smoker and want to add more fuel to the fire. It eliminates this need, since the fire box is not in the oven.
You also have the opportunity to transform this grill into a grill. Many manufacturers and sellers have an optional grill grate for grilling. Imagine having a smoker and a grill in one. An offset smoker can do this.
And can I just say how cool it looks? I know you agree or you would not read here. Imagine a sunny Sunday afternoon, enjoy a cold drink, chat with your family and friends while standing next to your new offset grill. Sounds good, right?
One thing I can call a downside is that because of its design, an offset smoker uses much more space than other types of smokers. So remember, if you have a smaller garden.
What to look for in an offset smoker?
As a buyer, you want to choose an offset smoker with good quality. But what does “quality” mean when you select an offset smoker? I will name a few things to help you decide if the smoker you want to buy is your money worth or not.
This depends on your personal preferences. Take a look at the various offset offers on the market and see how much they cost. After that, you have a reasonable budget that you know will get you a decent offset smoker.
2. Material and construction
This one is important. Even if you know nothing about offset smokers, it makes sense to buy one made from a high quality material such as steel. Let’s say that’s pretty much the gold standard – always choose gauge.
Another crucial factor. You will be dealing with fire, high temperatures and heavy smoke – you need a smoker made to be safe in these conditions. Pay attention to the welds and the sealing of the lids and make sure that they are well built. Of course you can not know for sure until you first use the smoker, but in this way you reduce the chances of making a wrong decision.
This mainly depends on your lifestyle. For example, if you want to entertain large groups of people and prepare food for them, you should buy a larger grill. However, if you occasionally want to cook something for your family, you do not have to overdo the size of the smoker. However, I believe that a larger smoker could motivate you to host dinner parties more often.
As you can imagine, offset smokers tend to be quite heavy. So if you plan to move around a lot, be kind to your back and buy one that has wheels or wheels.
5 Our Best Offset Smokers 2019
1. Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D Charcoal smoker with vertical offset
If you want to buy a smoker for under $ 200 then this is the one for you. This model is made of steel and provided with a high temperature powder coating. These features make this offset smoker a permanent choice.
For this product is also to note how the cooking chamber is positioned. This has a vertical chamber, which differs from the usual horizontal.
This product gives you a good introduction to the offset smoker. This is an ideal option for budget-conscious individuals and those who do not need a complicated solution.
- It is easy to assemble
- It is budget friendly
- The vertical offset stands out from other models in this list instead of the typical horizontal and allows a good heat flow
- The vertical positioning of the chamber reduces space requirements. This makes them ideal for people with limited space.
- It may not be so wearable because it lacks wheels.
- There is no cover included. So you have to buy it separately
2. Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker Deluxe
If you have this offset smoker, you do not have to buy anything else. This smoker smokes more than just meat. You can also barbecue and barbecue. It has a good grill area so you can prepare more food at a given time.
Get it if you’re looking for a sturdy offset smoker that’s easy to set up, use and get the best smoke results. It also comes with a storage compartment so you have plenty of room for all your extra barbecue or smoker utensils.
- The budget is cheap The price is cheaper than comparable offset smokers
- It is very easy to set up. Even those who are new to compensating smokers have simply put it together with the instruction manual.
- It holds up well against a considerable amount of abuse.
- The size is just right for small to medium smoking needs
- Like most smokers, they had some problems with the accuracy and durability of the thermometer
- This may not be the best for quick cooking, but is great for slow cooking such as smoking meat
3. Camp Chef PG24 Deluxe Pellet Grill and Smoker BBQ
This model is a crowd pleaser due to its excellent characteristics. It’s more expensive, but its features more than make up for the higher price.
One of the remarkable features is the digital temperature control, which allows you to fully control the temperature of smoking or grilling. If you do not want to babysit your offset smoker all day, this is the perfect and easy option for you. The way this smoker, Camp Chef PG24 Deluxe Pellet Grill and Smoker BBQ, is built, makes him the best offset smoker.
- This model offers a digital temperature control. So you do not have to constantly check the temperature – set it all up and relax while leaving the smoker to work.
- It has wheels that make moving a lot easier.
- It has a wide temperature range. It can reach temperatures of up to 500 ° F.
- Some users may find the one-year warranty disappointing.
- There is a possibility that smoke will leak from the chamber
4. Oklahoma Joe’s Highland Reverse Flow Smoker
This model is one of the cheap offset smokers on this list. Made of heavy sheet steel, it can withstand a lot of abuse. It’s also a handsome smoker you can proudly show to your friends.
Oklahoma Joe’s basic smoker package is nice, but if you have some money left, get the Smoker Sealer. This avoids problems like leakage. You also want to get an additional cover to complete your setup.
All in all, this offset smoker is worth every penny you spend on it. Even if you get the extra accessories, it will not damage the bank.
- Reasonable price
- The reverse flow technology ensures a more even distribution of smoke and heat
- It has wheels for better portability
- The firebox has a cleaning flap that helps when the ashes have to be removed
- The entire smoker is made of measuring steel
- It also needs to be sealed, as there are problems with leaking smoke
- Some users have reported a problem with the built-in thermometer
5. Char-Broil Oklahoma Joe’s Charcoal / Gas / Smoker Combination
Do you need an offset smoker who already has everything you need? This is the right choice. It is not only supplied complete with accessories, but also has a thoughtful and eye-catching design. From a price point of view, this is not too hard for the budget. The price is affordable and offers many features.
- Like all offset smokers, this model has a standard fire box, but there is also a gas hob
- It can be used as a smoker and as a grill
- When the chambers are combined, they have a larger cooking surface than most other models on this list
- It has wheels, but they are too weak to carry the weight of the smoker (about 200 lbs), so you probably need some help when lifting it
- You have to buy an extra cover for it
You still have problems deciding what to get? Let’s go over these products again, so you can finally limit your options to one.
The Dyna-Glo Offset Smoker is recommended if you like a reliable smoker with multiple racks that you can use to smoke a lot of meat. This can be a great addition to your business or a valued item in your home. The vertical structure of this smoker makes this device ideal for those with smaller spaces.
Get the Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset smoker when the budget matters. Even if the price is at the lower end of the market, its features and functions can surpass many of the features of other more expensive options.
For serious meat smokers and barbecues you can not go wrong with Camp Chef. The functions are just right and the smoking temperature allows you to produce the best-tasting foods. Oklahoma Joe’s Highland Reverse Flow Smoker is a great alternative to Camp Chef. It has a unique reverse flow technology that helps you to improve the smoke distribution, which can lead to the best tasting foods.
For those looking for more versatility, Char-Broil Oklahoma Joe’s char-coil combo product will not disappoint. You can also barbecue seriously, perfect for the outdoor parties at the weekend.
Make sure you consider these things when buying. If you’re looking for more meat smoke, grills, and even other kitchen appliances, Visit our homepage Find more reviews, product recommendations and purchase guides.